Stacy Rae

My photo
Henderson, Nevada, United States
This blog is about my journey to Korea! While I am there I will be teaching conversational English and living in two different Korean homes. This is a once in a lifetime chance to go on an adventure across the world! I am SO blessed!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Korea just keeps getting better!

Friday
Oh man, it was so funny watching the kids today try to do tongue twisters! Especially: "How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?" for the closing ceremony we gave all of the students certificates with their names, grades for the 2 weeks (which were all A's) as well as comments about them. I wish I was able to upload some of the funny videos, but for some reason youtube says something like: Korea is not allowing video upload. Idk. But Once I get a chance I will post it up! Its absolutely hilarious!
LOL The kids are doing a tounge twister-

The last day of English Summer Camp we had a pizza party/ceremony. It was a blast!

Korean Pizza: Potatoes- I know it looks a little weird, but suprisingly it was delicious!

Friday my host mom 1 went to her parent’s house for the weekend! FREEDOM! Haha! Just kidding! She asked me if I wanted to go with her and JunSik but I declined. The girls told me that if I went I would probably be bored. And sure enough JunSik called his sister the next day and said I am so bored!! He also doesn’t talk to me that much so I don’t think that it would have been a fun trip for me. Instead I got to go to the Doosan Baseball game! It was amazing! I took the subway to the Sports Complex, and on the way I got to see the river and the Olympic stadium! I loved it! The picture that I took of the field was literally in my seat…WE HAD THE BEST SEATS EVER! And and…they were only 8,000 WON which isn’t even $8.00. Funny, all of the baseball players had American intro songs, and one of the cheer songs was the song, “SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS…”



Friday we also saw these big black ants eating a secada. These suckers are huge here! They look like humming birds! HAHAHA!
Judit and I have fallin in love with these fruit blast drinks! I hope they have these back home! : ]
Saturday
Saturday Shin (the older sister at my first home stay house) the two of us went to the movie theater to see Inception. I was so bummed because I forgot my camera so I can’t show you pictures but I will describe the place. First off outside of the theater- you know what I am going to go back and take a picture of this- there was a giant (I mean huge) statue of Gandalf from Lord of the Rings. When we went inside you had to take a number to get helped or you could go to an ATM looking thing and buy your tickets. I am not sure why in America we don’t have the same thing that they do. There they have assigned seating! AND there is a listing of how many seats are left in a theater at the time that the movie is playing. This I thought was genius! So on the touch computer screen we got to choose which 2 seats we wanted for the movie! I love it! The movie was in English and the subtitles were in Korean (Thank God) I can’t imagine watching that movie in subtiles and not understating the langage spoken, that would confuse the crap out of me! Later that day I met up with Judit and Sky, we went site seeing. We had a great time!
Sunday
Sunday was time for me to switch families. I am really going to miss my old family. I woke up and the whole family was gone. Host mom and brother were out of town still, dad- idk, and daughters were at church. When I came out of my room there was breakfast: a BLT =] so cute!

The new host family that I went to is just a boy, InJae. He is 13 years old (Korean Age) so American Age he is really only 12. For some reason when you are born you are 1. Let me tell you…they were SO SO excited to have me come to their home! The mom is so pretty and the dad speaks English very well! So does InJae, but they insist that they need to learn more and more! When I came in they showed me my room which is bigger than my room back home! Haha, and InJae goes, “you took my room and my bed, now I have no place to sleep. I am going to have to sleep with the dog.” LOL! He is hilarious! I love his personality! Victo, the dog is 14 months old, he is like a little teddy bear. I love him already! The dad put some American music on after being in the house for like 20 mins. It made me feel like home. I really enjoy being at this new house! OH and best of all- THEY HAVE AIR CONDINTIONING!!! I love it! Last night I got to go to this Korean BBQ with them. It was such a nice night out, and the place we went to was out doors in the middle of the forest. Afterwards we went to have dessert. We went to another place in the forest and picked out some sweat potatoes. After that we sat down on some wooden benches while our sweat potatoes cooked in an open fire pit. I soaked it all in last night. Last night was probably one of my favorite memories so far of this trip. There was a live Korean singer, tons of people sitting around camp fires with their friends and family and enjoying good food! I loved it! I have never had such good tea before! The tea they got was even better than my mom’s tea she makes back home! (Which is hard to beat!) Also, I have never been a fan of sweat potatoes, but this was delicious! In Korean, (MASHETA) InJae even started singing along with the live singer last night, it was so funny! I asked him what the song was about, he told me it was about a break up and that the man was really really upset! Oh man he is so funny! I think that I am really going to enjoy staying here for the next 3 weeks! I can’t believe that July is already over! Its August 2nd and I will be home in 17 days! WOW! Love and miss you all!
InJae’s Cousin, InJae, Victo = ] and me!

Isn’t he so cute!?


This is me walking home…InJae gave me his Sword umbrella hahaha! So I put it in my backpack like a ninja! Everyone was so jealous or it!

1 comment:

  1. THAT IS THE BEST UMBRELLAAAAA!!! :D SO JEALOUS!
    oh my goodness, you have the cutest students! :) I'm sure they just LOVE you Stacy!
    And those ants?? EW!
    I love you! <3
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete