Stacy Rae

My photo
Henderson, Nevada, United States
This blog is about my journey to Korea! While I am there I will be teaching conversational English and living in two different Korean homes. This is a once in a lifetime chance to go on an adventure across the world! I am SO blessed!

Friday, July 9, 2010

1st day in Korea

Well I survived the 11.5 plane flight to Korea and traveled in time too! Its now 10pm Saturday :)

WOW, I can't tell you how beautiful it is here! There is so much to see/do here. This morning we woke up and went exploring down in Nowon City. Then later I got to open up a bank account in Korea! It was a total shock to me because I couldn't read anything and there aren't many English speaking people here. However the ones that can are really good at it.

Oh so the food- We got to eat our first real Korean meal. If you know anything about the culture you will know that they take their shoes off and eat while sitting on the floor. They brought out SO much food...believe it or not it was actually good to me. However my body rejected it a few hours later...all of us started to get stomach aches. Tonight for dinner we had Korean BBQ it was delicious! We had SAM...I think thats how you spell it. It was Pork (cooked in front of you) with lots of veggies, and some really good sauce.

We also got to meet our host families! Turns out the twin girls...it is actually a Twin girl and her twin brother! bahahahaha!!! When they wrote me it was very confusing. They were so nice to me today and can't wait to have me in their home!

Tomorrow we are going to Gyung Ju. This is a nation museum that was rated by Times magazine as a top 6 best place to visit. And apparently people are sometimes on a waiting list for a year to get to go here! I am so stoked. Well I am off to bed! Hope you are all having a great summer!

<3 Stacy Rae

ps...I wish you were here with me!

6 comments:

  1. jennifer mcnallyJuly 09, 2010

    Awwww thats so cool, it seems like ur having a great time. I'm so happy for you. Me and Joey miss u lots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kid! Glad that you're having such a good time there. Sorry to hear about your computer problems though. Hopefully it's something simple and inexpensive to fix. I sent you an email to your Yahoo account so check it out when you can, ok?

    Love
    Pops

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that your enjoying yourself! The food sounds delicious!!! That is funny that the twin girls turned out to be male and female...lol! Have fun in Gyung Ju tomorrow!! Take lots of pic's.
    Luv u...XOXO
    **Toni**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stace!!
    I'm so glad you are having a good time! I am so excited reading all of your blogs...I have a few friends here in Hawaii that are Korean, so I sort of know the culture. I hope you have an amazing trip, and I will comment as much as I can. Maybe I could do this next summer! (We'll see.....lol) Have fun, and BE SAFE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh PepperJuly 10, 2010

    Hey! Hey! Hey! It looks like all is going good! I hope you enjoy your time and what did I tell you about the food? Huh? Huh? Stace you better not forget my Golden rat and Tomato!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so cool!!! Hopefully you guys can get used to the food so you don't go hungry. Love you Stacy!!! :D Take a lot of pictures!

    ReplyDelete