Stacy Rae

My photo
Henderson, Nevada, United States
This blog is about my journey to Korea! While I am there I will be teaching conversational English and living in two different Korean homes. This is a once in a lifetime chance to go on an adventure across the world! I am SO blessed!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

packing...

Well we all know how much fun packing can be! Well get this, after packing both bags my mom called the united airline and the Singapore airline to find out about the luggage.

Turns out united airlines: you have to pay:$25 for the first bag, then $35 for the second bag! both under 50lbs and up to 62" per bag.

Then for Singapore, your bags have to be under 107" lwh! So long story short I had to down size one of my bags! haha and my carry ons have to be under 45" and now more than 15 lbs. AND if you go over at all the 107" and 50lbs then it is $363.00 ...yep that's not a mistake, you read right, $363.00 PER BAG! isn't that crazy!? Its cheaper to just add a third bag for $115.00.

Well just FYI and now I know before you go out of the country check the airlines, they have changed everything! I remember checking in bags for free! I guess south west is the only one that still does that now.

So yep, I am all packed and have everything I need!I leave TOMORROW! Never thought it would come so fast. Thank you all SO SO much for helping me out for my trip! Its going to be the best adventure of my life so far! I can't wait to get there and show you all!

Big hugs and smiles to the ones I didn't get to see before I left and hopefully we can get together when I return!

<3 Stacy Rae

2 comments: