Stacy Rae

My photo
Henderson, Nevada, United States
This blog is about my journey to Korea! While I am there I will be teaching conversational English and living in two different Korean homes. This is a once in a lifetime chance to go on an adventure across the world! I am SO blessed!

Monday, July 26, 2010

elevators!

This whole trip has been so eye opening to me! I have been out of my comfort zone many times, and most of the time I really am not sure what is going on, what I am going to do, things are very spontaneous here.

Well today I found out that Brandon Johnson passed away on Friday. RIP Brandon. When I found out I had just gotten home from a long day at school and a trip to the post office. On a side note: The post office workers all had belts with guns on them! I asked why, she said for protection because it’s a government job. I found that kind of strange...but anyways. I got home and saw that Brandon had passed away. I was very upset and had no one to talk to, and my host mom wasn't home, just JunSik and he never talks to me. I got to talk to my bestie, Jamie through IM which made me feel better- but I was still really upset so Judit and I went out walking. Then we got so Baskin Robins (Kiwi Fruit Blast, so BOMB!) She made me feel so much better too! She reminds me so much of my sister! I can't wait for the two of them to meet! I know that they will really get along! Well on our way home my mom called Judit, she always calls her, we haven't figured out until today that she put Judits # in her phone with my name on accident LOL. She told us to meet her at the park. So we did and then she took us on this 30 min walk to go to the meat store. on our way back she took us to JunSik's English academy. The English teacher (Short Korean Man, early 40's) took us on a tour. We walked into a classroom and the student’s faces were priceless! It was like they had never seen a foreigner before! The first thing that came out of their mouth was "you are so beautiful!" It really put a smile on my face! Then on the way out, we were standing next to the elevator, then the professor took us downstairs 2 flights just to get on the same elevator, I thought it was very odd! LOL Then as we are in the elevator my host mom goes, "Stacy, English Teacher, single, very handsome! haha (yes, she really laughed) and then she said no married!" I look at Judit and started busting up laughing on the inside! I thought, was she trying to fix me up with him? Oh my gosh! And then as we were walking home my host mom goes, Stacy, Judit beautiful girls, makes English teacher heart pound! He is very shy!!" Judit and I started busting up laughing!!! Oh and I forgot to tell you, the elevator was like extremely SMALL! We were very close, it was the most awkward/funny moment so far! I thank God for good friends and laughter! It was so comforting!
RIP Brandon, I love you and miss you so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment