Stacy Rae

My photo
Henderson, Nevada, United States
This blog is about my journey to Korea! While I am there I will be teaching conversational English and living in two different Korean homes. This is a once in a lifetime chance to go on an adventure across the world! I am SO blessed!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Fun Weekend in Seoul!

Friday night a few of us went down town to hang out. We ended up going to this place called the HO Bar III. Pretty funny! It had 3 levels...we went on the 3rd level and got a table! It was so nice, there were a lot of foreigners there! We got to play pool for free and there were darts there too! Our curfew for the night was midnight. And we had to take the subway home so we left around 11:15pm to get home on time. Well we all get on the subway and we are talking, laughing, and having a good ol' time. Then I look out the window...and see water- I was like holy crap! We are going over the river in the complete opposite way! HAHA! We were late! It took us 2 hours to get home. I got home at 1am! My host mom was very worried- and trying to communicate with her over the phone was hard! Not to mention- Murphy’s law, my phone ran out of minutes at 10pm so I was calling from Sky’s phone. Good times! My mom wasn't mad she was just really tired! lol



Saturday I got to sleep in till 10am! It was so nice! Then my host mom and Judit's host mom and dad took us out! The took us to some of the nation parks close by! My favorite part of the day was when we played badminton at one of the parks! I was sweating SO much and we only played like 5 games! I felt as if I had been running for hours! After badminton they took us to the National Cemetary for Democratic Martyrs of April 19th. It was amazing! The scenery was so green and peaceful! It was such a great experience!






Sunday I got to go to church with Judit's family in Nowon. She went on a hike with Zach's family instead! It was so cool, I met this girl who was born in Korea, but when she turned 7 her family moved to London and she was back visiting. She was so sweet! She ended up interpreting the entire service for me!

After church my family went out for dinner. We had Korean BBQ Duck! It was delicious! I had never had duck before- This was the first time we have eatin out while at this family. The mom is such a good cook that she always makes breakfast, lunch, and dinner! She is really good at cooking!

Later that night my family and Sky's family went to a school across the street from our apt and played soccer! It was SO much fun! They have a big dirt field with a jungle gym and lots of seating areas. The whole family played it was a blast! Afterwards Sky's dad took us all to a local pub like place and bought beer for everyone and apple cider for me! (he kept saying apple cider for you) I laughed and said, I’m 22! He thought I was much younger! At the pun we set down and at the table there was a tiny square box with a rubber button in the middle. So of course I pushed it! LOL it was so funny right as a push it this “DING DONG” sounded throughout the place! Then a waiter came over and I am guessing said, “Yes?” in Korean! I was like opps! Everyone laughed! It s very different here in Korea, if you ever come you will notice that you have to call the waiters over to your table when you are ready and on top of that there are no lines here either! You kind of have to get in where you fit in.

It was a great weekend! This Sunday I will be switching to my next host family already! Dang, time is flying by!



No comments:

Post a Comment