Stacy Rae

My photo
Henderson, Nevada, United States
This blog is about my journey to Korea! While I am there I will be teaching conversational English and living in two different Korean homes. This is a once in a lifetime chance to go on an adventure across the world! I am SO blessed!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

huh?

Today was mentally exhausting! School was great, I taught the kids how to write a post card, and when it came time for them to write their own made up script they their imagination truly shined! Every day they amaze me at how smart they are! Oh how I wish I knew more languages!

Oh and Judit tells me this morning on the way to school. (first she starts laughing out loud) Then she says, "Hey Stacy, my family invited you to the Spa day Friday night." Yeah Spa day here in Korea, is not just a spa by yourself, it’s with ALL girls! Completely naked! Its an overnighter, everyone sits in the same tub, gets scrubbed...and yeah. Judit told me that her family is paying for it! I had to decline the offer! That would BE SO WEIRD for me! Especially being a foreigner, where all these Korean girls are like a size zero, and then they would be staring at me cause I am different, and then I would have to see Judit, it would just be awkward! and Judit has to go! LOL Which she went to one unknowingly in China a few years ago...so she is kinda like ehhh whatever! lol

After school Sky and I started our journey to the dream hope community child care center! We went somewhere far and when we got to the room we pretty much had to come up with some kind of game to play for 8 students. There were only 2 students that new about 10 English words, and all of their names were extremely hard to remember so we gave them all English names which they LOVED! the whole time we were there I was constantly confused on what we should be doing, where we were, if we had supplies to work with, what they wanted. On top of all that it was in a building with no air, we were teaching them simon says, and head, shoulders, knees, and toes...it was probably about 90 something + humidity! Oh man it was awful hot in there! Afterwards we had a meeting with some people to clear up our confusion, and come to find out we don't even need to be there for teaching! It’s exactly like safekey back home just at an offsite building! So we don’t really have to prepare a full lesson just 1-3 activities for them to play and stay entertained!

All day I have been just in a puzzled mode, constantly saying huh? Its so hard sometimes to communicate! My head hurts today from thinking too much! HAHA! My mom and I are constantly talking when I get home and I have to puzzle some of her words together to try to figure out what she says. Today she told me that I am very smart at figuring out what she is thinking! LOL
Tomorrow we are going to a museum with the kids! We are getting there by subway, it should be an adventure! I can’t wait! :D

3 comments:

  1. What?? You didn't do the naked spa thing?? Geez.. The men do it too. Once, while showering at the gym after my workout, some Korean dude came up behind me and tried to help me wash my back.. kinda freaked me out.. but apparently it's not unusual for Korean men to wash each other's backs in the spas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! yeah no thanks! I would have to be with judit the whole rest of the trip! lol that sounds so korean though for someone to help wash your back! They are so about helping people out here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA Stacy!!! The spa thing is hecka funny!
    And oh my gosh 90 degrees + humidity?? NO THANK YOU!!! :(
    Well you got through my it Stacy!!! Good for you!!
    God bless!!

    ReplyDelete