Stacy Rae

My photo
Henderson, Nevada, United States
This blog is about my journey to Korea! While I am there I will be teaching conversational English and living in two different Korean homes. This is a once in a lifetime chance to go on an adventure across the world! I am SO blessed!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Silver Center Round II

Friday we went to the Silver Center which is like a senior hospital :) This time we got to make Kim Bop with the elderly! It was SO AMAZING!!! Never in my life have I had Kim Bop, or even made it! I have always said no to the sushi rolls because they never really looked good to me. Well as we were doing all of this with the elderly who majority of them can't speak English, there was a news cast there filming, taking pictures, and asking us questions.

It was hilarious! As we started to cut the kim bop the elderly ladies started to shove kim bog in our mouths! It was hilarious! Everyone’s cheeks were all puffy from kim bom and we were all laughing SO hard! Imagine all of that and then we had Chef hats on too! It was so much fun! My lady that I was helping was the same one as the first time we went. She asked the young man who was Korean to ask me if I was married. I said no, and she asked why? You are so beautiful! All I could do was laugh...what do you say to that!

Apparently we are going to be in the Korean News Paper! It’s as big as the New York Times is how they explained it to us! I am so excited! They told me that they would get us a copy! I am so excited! :)

1 comment:

  1. How fun!! How cute that everybody thinks you're so beautiful!! :D YEY!!!! You are!!

    ReplyDelete