Stacy Rae

My photo
Henderson, Nevada, United States
This blog is about my journey to Korea! While I am there I will be teaching conversational English and living in two different Korean homes. This is a once in a lifetime chance to go on an adventure across the world! I am SO blessed!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Jawoon Elementary

Today we got to visit our Elementary schools. It was so funny because we have been playing the NA game and all these teachers started walking in and the last one to walk in after all the short Korean teachers was a 7 foot black man from Washington State. It was so funny because we thought that that we stuck out like sore thumbs!

He is the teacher that I will be teaching with. I asked him if he knew any Korean and he said nope, I have been here for a year and don't know anything except for a few phrases and random vocabulary. The kids seemed to love him and he said that they will all be excited to see/meet me! We start next week which will be pretty awesome!

Tomorrow we were supposed to visit DMZ but it got postponed because Dobong City Hall is too busy preparing for the huge science festival this Friday/Saturday. I am actually pretty excited for it because they are going to have robots and craft stations! I can't wait!

My host mom feeds me SO much! I told her I ate dinner and she brought me fruit to eat! HAHA! She said I have such a sweet voice and asked me if I sang. I was like OH NO!!!

Well tomorrow is exploring day! I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment