Stacy Rae

My photo
Henderson, Nevada, United States
This blog is about my journey to Korea! While I am there I will be teaching conversational English and living in two different Korean homes. This is a once in a lifetime chance to go on an adventure across the world! I am SO blessed!

Friday, July 16, 2010

ROBOTS + SLIME = FUN!!

Today we worked the Dobong Science Festival! This was at the city hall here in Dobong. Our team had to man a City of Henderson booth. There we had a station to make SLIME! I have to say this was the coolest booth! Every kid came back because they wanted to make more slime!






I was really impressed at how well some of the students spoke English! A lot of them were the younger ones! There were so many fun things to do at th science festival: there was a 3D movie, but it was all in Korean, there were some really cool simulators for the kids and there was a TV screen in front of them so it was like they were flying a plane! IT WAS SO COOL! There was also a girl Robot that had a computer system installed and it walked around and people could touch the screen and read all about the festival. The 6 of us were talking about having the City do one of these! I really feel as if Dobong is very concerned with their students education and they think it is SO impportant! I wish our city could invite everyone from the community in and do a big science festival to promote learning!




No comments:

Post a Comment