Stacy Rae

My photo
Henderson, Nevada, United States
This blog is about my journey to Korea! While I am there I will be teaching conversational English and living in two different Korean homes. This is a once in a lifetime chance to go on an adventure across the world! I am SO blessed!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

we are all the same

I was talking to my host boy the other day and he started flipping his hair like all the emo kids back in Henderson. You know the hair flip that gets their bangs out from in front of their eyes. HAHAHA! I started telling him that they boys back home do the same thing. Its so funny how we are all the same!

Then...

Last weekend when I was talking to my host sister about her boyfriend she asked if I had a boyfriend. We then started talking about guys in Korea. Then she asked how the guys are there in Henderson/LV. I told her they are distracted pretty much. She laughed and said yes, yes, we have guys here that are like that too! She said that they call them "Windy". I am going to bring that back with me. We also talked about how in Korea since everyone is skinny, beauty is measured by how beautiful their personality/face is.

Oh and at the Lotte Mart here they have special parking for women. WHY don't we have that in America!? haha

I am really looking forward to going to Ocean World this weekend! And best of all my family is taking me again next weekend! How cool is that?! Ocean World- you should google it. Its like wet n wild just a million times better! Its half indoor and half outdoor! I can't believe that I only have like 16 days left! Just yesterday I learned how to read Korean and I made a really nice cheat sheet today in class. The students were laughing at me because I was trying to say the different sounds- lets just say I murdered some of them! hahaha!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, let me just say that "windy" is a perfect way to describe them!!! <3 you stacy!

    ReplyDelete